Monday, March 12, 2018

30 Ways to Focus on Self - Care

Guten Morgen

This is going to be a long one, I'm warning you beforehand. If you still want to read, good job! I'm proud of you and thank you for reading another one of my blogs.



Self-care is a very active and powerful choice to engage in the activities that are required to gain or maintain an optimal level of overall health. And in this case, overall health includes not just the physical, but the psychological, emotional, social, and spiritual components of an individual's well being.

When you’re running low on energy, carrying too many burdens or just not feeling very resilient, it’s vital that you nurture yourself in order to replenish your resources. If you need some inspiration, look to any one (or more) of these 30 quick and effective ways to practice self care.



  1. Read a new book
  2. Diffuse
  3. Take a walk
  4. Take an epsom salt bath
  5. Light a candle
  6. Make a homemade body care item
  7. Write in a journal
  8. Practice yoga
  9. Listen to your favorite music album
  10. Drink a green smoothie
  11. Make and apply a face mask
  12. Go to bed early
  13. Make a homemade meal
  14. Organize your closet
  15. Treat yourself to a cup of coffee
  16. Doodle or color in a coloring book
  17. Walk somewhere new
  18. Cozy up in a blanket
  19. Buy yourself flowers
  20. Listen to your favorite podcast
  21. Take pictures in nature
  22. Turn your phone off for a few hours
  23. Declutter your workspace
  24. Go through a stretching routine
  25. Give yourself a manicure
  26. Scroll through Pinterest
  27. Try a new way to break a sweat
  28. Lay in the sunshine
  29. Have a solo dance party
  30. Pray
If you do any or all of these things by this coming Saturday, when I post my next post, I want to hear about your experience with self-care. Some "me" time.  Maybe you tried something that wasn't on my list, you can still tell me about it. Don't be afraid to message me, email me or comment below. Today and this whole week is all about loving yourself through self-care.  I know I need it at times, who else... 

Again, thank you for reading my blog posts, and I will keep them coming. Sorry this one is late, the next one will be on time, I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die. Seriously though, my blog means so much to me so I am very thankful that I have so many readers. Until next time.

Auf Wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day to Day......