Saturday, March 17, 2018

Caleb's Dentist Appointment

Caleb has an up and coming appointment with his dentist on Monday.  It's not that he hates to go but he doesn't enjoy it unless he gets something out of it, like a juice at Maverick or a toy that he always gets when he is done at the dentist, which I always end up losing at one point or another.

Caleb, I think, has had 3 or 4 dentist appointments so far with his current dentist. I know that because we've kept all of the floss, toothbrushes, and toothpaste that you get in a little bag when your done at the dentist. We've also bought a couple electric toothbrushes over the last few months, because you are supposed to switch out toothbrushes every 3 months. I guess that's why they give you one every time, right before you leave. If your lucky, you also get to pick out a couple stickers, on which I have put on his box in the cabinet that holds his toothbrush, toothpaste, ear drops, and other medicines that he takes, but I am not gonna talk about that.

I had Caleb switch dentists when he was two or three years old because the other dentist kept sending me emails about a girl named Becky.  I mean, they couldn't even get his name right and they said we missed more than 4 appointments but we only missed one, so instead of going to Bountiful every time, we now go to Layton every 3 months.  It used to be every 6 months, but I guess Caleb's Medicaid pays for him to go to the dentist every 3 months and I'm not complaining.

Now, at the dentist, we go in, I say we are there, we have to wait about 10 - 20 minutes, in the meantime Caleb gets chalk all over his clothes and hands. Before we get called back,  I try my best to rub as much as the chalk off as I can. He gets x-rays taken of his teeth every time and then we are moved to one of the seats where he gets his teeth cleaned.

While he gets his teeth cleaned, my mom has to hold him down, that and taking pictures of the x-rays too, he won't let me hold him. Here is where it gets good. We have to take two buses to the dentist and if Caleb is good on the way there, he gets his teeth cleaned with red velvet cookie dough flavor and if he is bad on the way there, he gets grape flavor, which he hates with a purple passion. Get it? Grapes are purple? They're also green, but I was just making a joke.



Then after all of that is done, the dentist comes in, checks out his teeth with a mirror and something else I don't recognize the name of, and then, he says Caleb does NOT have ANY cavities.  Even though sometimes I forget to brush his teeth, he still has perfect teeth.  I'm hoping he won't have any cavities on Monday. I'm gonna cross my fingers.

Thank you for reading another post. I won't be posting again until next Saturday...so until next time my friends.  Have a great day!!!!

2 comments:

Day to Day......